Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau
Abu Dhabi – Your Extraordinary Story.
With world-class attractions, stunning new resorts and a dynamic commitment to service and delivery excellence, Abu Dhabi is increasingly popular with the international business community as a host venue for meetings, product launches and incentive travel.
Abu Dhabi Delivers:
- Strong governmental backing at the highest level
- A dynamic city geared for business
- Comprehensive support from Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau
- Accessibility from all corners of the globe – excellent air, sea and land links
- Etihad Airways support
- Smooth visa process
- Cutting-edge technology and infrastructure, outstanding meeting facilities, venues and services, state-of-the-art conference and exhibition centre
- Safe, clean, crime-free destination
- Dedication to hospitality and service
- Unspoilt environment with incredible dunes, rugged mountains, lush oases and abundant wildlife
- Every level of accommodation, from luxury to budget
- For more information on Abu Dhabi’s attractions and experiences, or for an authentic taste of Arabian culture and heritage head to www.visitabudhabi.ae
So, whether you want to thrill clients on the world’s fastest roller-coaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, give them a genuine feel of Arabia with a trip to the fascinating oasis city of Al Ain – the emirate’s heritage heartland – or have them marvel at the majestic Liwa desert, the entrance to the famed Empty Quarter which features some of the tallest sand dunes on earth. The options in Abu Dhabi are truly extraordinary.
Advantage Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau’s innovative Advantage Abu Dhabi programme is an incentive initiative designed to increase Abu Dhabi’s value proposition whilst providing support right through the event planning cycle. Advantage Abu Dhabi aims to enhance the emirate’s social and economic development by hosting viable, innovative business events aligned to the Abu Dhabi 2030 Economic Vision and the below key market sectors:
Energy Transport Education
Metals Telecommunications Tourism
Pharmaceutical Petrochemicals Media
Healthcare Aviation Environment
Etihad Airways is the national carrier for Abu Dhabi, offering three direct daily flights from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi, increasing to five during summer and autumn months, and a twice-daily direct service from Manchester and Dublin.
The Etihad Airways MICE Connect programme offers an easy travel solution for your business whether you are travelling to their hub Abu Dhabi, or beyond to more than 100 destinations in over 50 countries.
Whether you are looking to organise a small incentive for 20 guests or a 2,000-delegate conference, Etihad Airways makes it both easy and more affordable for participants, clients and business partners to attend your event.
What Etihad Airways can offer you:
- Easy flight booking through the conference website with comprehensive flight discounts for delegates
- Advantageous booking options including single and multi-destination group fares with flexibility on final name submission
- Group quotes for fares outside of the system range (more than 12 months before the event)
- Quick 24hr group quote turnaround time
- Benefits for event management companies and conference organisers include free reward flights, cabin upgrades and more*
- Assistance with site inspection tickets to any of our destinations
- Preferential services, such as group seating, Meet & Greet* across our network, and your choice of requested client branding both on the ground and in the air*
*Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability
Ahead of organising your event in Abu Dhabi, be sure to speak to the Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau about their Advantage Abu Dhabi incentive program, to see how the team can work with you to assist throughout the event planning cycle.
EVENTS AND CONFERENCES
Leveraging the world-class venues and facilities across the emirate – including hotels, purpose-built business centres and unique venues for MICE events – has been a major factor in Abu Dhabi’s success within the events and conferences sector.
Recent milestones for the Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau include the hosting of the Special Olympics in early 2019, which saw 7,000 Olympians compete over the course of a week, joined by their families, coaches and media from around the world.
In addition, 2019 will see Abu Dhabi host the World Road Congress and World Energy Congress, the FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and the 8th Annual Cyber Security and Data Security Forum, among others.
Aside from business, there’s so much happening in Abu Dhabi all year round, with the emirate’s events calendar packed with world-class experiences including sport, culture, heritage, literature, music and family entertainment.
Below are some of the highlights:
- Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship (January)
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship (February)
- Mother of the Nation Festival (March)
- ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi (March)
- Abu Dhabi Classics (May)
- Liwa Date Festival (June/July)
- Taste of Abu Dhabi (November)
- Abu Dhabi Art (November)
- Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (December)
For more information on events in Abu Dhabi, please visit www.abudhabievents.ae
Speaker Bio: Angela Bates
A marketeer of over 20 years, Angela has a passion for travel and a wealth of knowledge on all things UAE! She has been at the forefront of promoting Abu Dhabi to business and leisure markets since the inception and opening of Abu Dhabi’s Tourism and Culture’s UK office.